Ohio Landlord Insurance
Ohio landlord insurance companies offer a wide range of coverage options for your rental property. We partner with trusted carriers in Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo and many more cities in Ohio to provide landlord insurance quote comparisons. By working with the best companies we are able to help landlords find a policy that fits their needs and monthly budget too. Make sure you have the right type of home insurance if you rent your house to others, a standard homeowners policy will not cover you as a landlord.
Landlord Insurance Quotes in OH
The fastest and easiest way to get the best landlord protection at the cheapest cost is to shop around for rates. We work with leading insurance companies in your city to provide a simple yet secure way to compare multiple insurance quotes online. Spend the next 5 minutes completing our secure application and get Ohio landlord insurance quotes from the most trusted carriers.
Perils Covered by Landlord Insurance
Ohio has weather that can cause massive damage to your home but there are other perils which lead to costly repairs. A peril is simply a cause of damage which could include:
- Water pipe bursting
- Landlord liability
- Loss of rents
Cost of Landlord Insurance in Ohio
The cost to insure your rental property in OH is dependent upon numerous rating factors that home insurance companies use to determine the proper premium. When you own a condo or townhouse the cost of landlord insurance is very minimal because usually you split that cost with the homeowners association which insurers the exterior of your unit. If you insure a single family home or rental complex then your insurance costs are going to be much higher due to the replacement cost of the building is solely your responsibility.
Here are a few of the most common rating factors that insurance companies use to determine your landlord insurance premium:
- Credit rating - This is your personal credit rating which is similar to a FICO score but can be based on other specific criteria such as payment history and bankruptcy.
- Deductible - The higher the deductible the lower the cost of insurance. Don't get a deductible you can't afford if you need to file a claim. The most common deductible is $1000 for all perils.
- Building type - This can be numerous things including condo, single family, and townhouse including the materials used to construct the property.
- Claim history - If you have one or more claims in the past 3 years as a homeowner most insurance companies will surcharge your premium. Some companies may not even accept your business if you have more than two.
- Discounts - If you have more business with an insurance carrier they are more likely to offer discounts to keep all of your business with them.
Ohio's 5 largest cities by population
*Data from 2010 Census Population by the Department of Economic and Community Development.
Common Landlord Insurance Claims in OH (Ohio)
(Most claims cost over $1,800 to repair wind damage)
(Most claims cost over $2,000 to recover from theft)
(Most claims cost over $3,900 to repair damage from water)
(Most claims cost over $1,500 to repair physical damages to property)
NOTICE: The amounts listed above are for illustrative purposes only and should not be used to decide what coverage limits you need for your landlord policy. Speak with your insurance agent to determine the proper coverage limits.
Save 40%-60% Now!
Auto Insurance Quotes
Life Insurance Quotes